The antisocial personality has the following attributes:
1. He or she speaks only in very
“They say … ” “Everybody thinks …” “Everyone knows … ” and such expressions are in continual use,particularly when imparting rumor. When asked, “Who is everybody … ” it normally turns out to be one source and from
2. Such a person deals mainly
in bad news, critical or hostile remarks, invalidationand general suppression.
“Gossip” or “harbinger of evil tidings” or “rumor-monger” once described such persons. It is notable that there is no good news or complimentary remark passed on by such
3. The antisocial personality alters communication for the
worse, when he or she relays amessage or news.
Good news is stopped and only bad news, often embellished, is passed along. Such a person also pretends to pass on “bad news” which is in actual fact invented.
4. A characteristic — and one of the sad things about an antisocial personality —
is that it does not respond to treatment or reform or psychotherapy.
Such people make trouble for others. When treated or educated, the near associate of the antisocial personality has no stability of gain but promptly relapses or loses his advantages of knowledge, being under the suppressive inﬂuence of the other. Physically treated, such associates commonly do not recover in the expected time but worsen and have poor convalescences.
It is quite useless to treat or help or train such persons so long as they remain under theinﬂuence of the antisocial connection. The largest number of insane
6. The antisocial personality habitually selects the wrong target.
If a tire is ﬂat from driving over nails he or she curses a companion or a non-causative source of the trouble. If the radio is too loud he or she kicks the cat.
If A is the obvious cause, the antisocial personality inevitably blames B, or C or D.
7. The antisocial cannot ﬁnish a cycle of action.
Such, they become surrounded within complete projects.
8. Many antisocial persons will freely confess to the most alarming crimes when forced to do so but will have no faintest sense of responsibility for them.
Their actions have little or nothing to do with their own volition. Things “just happened.”
They have no sense of correct causation and particularly cannot feel any sense of remorse or shame..
9. The antisocial personality supports only destructive groups and rages against and attacks any constructive or betterment group.
10. This type of personality only approves of destructive actions and ﬁghts against constructive or helpful actions.
11. Helping others is an activity which drives the antisocial personality nearly berserk.
Activities, however, which destroy in the name of help are closely supported.
12. The antisocial personality has a bad sense of property and conceives that the idea that anyone owns anything is a pretense
,made up to fool people.
Thanks to L. Ron Hubbard for these observations.